Last Saturday morning, team DOTS were pitching up on a sunny Primrose Hill for a day of fun at the Pup Aid Fun Dog Show. The team were Michelle, Fiona, Kimberley and Sophie and they were all set for the festivities ahead and a big DOTS raffle.
Alongside likeminded doggy loving brands, fundraisers and charities, DOTS was out to support the work of the wonderful founder of Pup Aid, vet and animal welfare campaigner Marc Abraham. Marc started Pup Aid 7 years ago and has attracted quite the celebrity following to help increase awareness and funding, from Ricky Gervais to Sinitta.
Pup Aid is the ongoing campaign against the cruel puppy farming industry. The campaign promotes the adoption of rescue pets to drive down the lucrative but tragic demand of little pups, whilst also striving to have tougher laws passed. Pup Aid are big believers that all dogs are worthy of a happy home and safe environment, something that DOTS is also very passionate about as we work to assist our homeless doggy owners in getting off the streets with their best friends.
The DOTS stand was a feast of fundraising raffle goodies that had been donated to us by some very special people…Drum roll please, as the big thank yous go to:
- HawkwellHerbs.co.uk who donated 2 herb pots with recipes for both humans and mans best friend
- EnglishStamp.com for their donation of a big box of arty goodies including doggy paw print stamps
- DorShop.co.uk who provided a pretty felt flower garland
- hampers.co.uk who donated a goodie box of tasty treats
- AQuarterOf.co.uk for their raffle gift of a retro sweets classics mega gift box! Wow!
- WoofAndBrew.com who donated a variety of doggy teas
- HoundsAboutTown.co.uk for a selection of luxury doggy yummies
- e5DogPhotography.co.uk for a furry friend photoshoot voucher
- HouseOfHenry.uk for some amazing temporary DOTS tattoos!
- BeautifulJoes.com who provided a 3 month subscription of doggy liver treats
- hamper.com for some scrumptious chockies and bubbly
- MikkiPet.com a special sponsor of DOTS for lots of doggy grooming essentials and gnaw treats
- tailtasties.com for some favourite doggy nibbles
- HuxleyHound.com ahh our special supporters gave us some of their delicious doggy yummies
- NoddyAndSweets.com for some fancy handmade pet accessories
- TrueKindHelpful who donated a special print of a very handsome bulldog
- photizo.net vet care brand, for vouchers and a Photizo for the street dogs
- Doug the Pug therapy dog’s mummy for the prize of Doug’s book
- DogsandHorses.co.uk for a fab leather lead and collar set
- FurbabyCasting.com for their donation of a main raffle prize to have your own fur baby casting done, thanks Belle!
- The lovely Sara from Sara-Abbott.com who donated the incredible first prize of a personal oil painting of the winners pet on canvas, worth a whopping £490!
What an amazing selection of prizes, all donated by such brilliant brands. We were overwhelmed!
Well done to winners Richard Brooks who won the Sara Abbott canvas and Kelly Horne who won the furbaby casting session! Thanks to all who entered our raffle and donated throughout the day…DOTS made a wonderful £362 which went straight towards a vet bill the very next day.
The day was such a special event where we were able to spread the word out about the work of DOTS to new people but also was a chance to catch up with some of our favourite faces including Anna Webb, Shakira Free of SaveABulls , Doug the Pug therapy dog, Oli Juste dog trainer, our supporters Huxley Hound, Scarlett and Maude, By Benji dog treats, E5 Dog Photography, Sara Abbott, All Dogs Matter and the actor Peter Egan.
We were privileged to meet a very special Pup Aid guest, police dog Finn who was stabbed in the head and chest whilst on duty last October. Heartbreakingly, Finn one of the most highly trained police dogs in the force was attacked with a 12 inch hunting knife and underwent four hours of emergency surgery that thankfully saved his life. Finn is now retired so visited Pup Aid for a nice day out and a big old well deserved fuss.
Team DOTS were all beaming from ear to ear all day, so truly overwhelmed at the amazing numbers of lovely people that came and spoke to us after hearing about our work out on the streets, via social media or word of mouth!
We’d lastly like to thank DogBuddy.com who kindly donated 10 boxes of doggy poo bags and holders to us at the end of the day. These will come in so useful to our homeless dog owner friends…When a pup’s gotta go, a pup’s gotta go.
Until next time Pup Aid!